Business Safety Preparation
Many businesses that fall under the beauty and personal care sector have been closed down during the UK lockdowns. This was in line with UK Government guidelines in bid to slow the Covid-19 pandemic. Businesses under this sector were allowed to re-open once restriction were lifted, with extra measures being put in place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
As far as safety measures go, this is an industry that is already expected to operates to a high hygiene standard. With that in mind, it is not difficult to incorporate some additional safety measures into the business practice.
When you book an appointment with Brows and Beauty, this is how you can expect the business to operate to help protect against Covid-19:
This is a small business, and does not operate from a busy town centre, so it is much easier to keep control over appointments and who will be visiting the premises.
- All treatments will be by appointment only, there will be no walk-in services available. This ensures adequate time between each treatment for thorough preparation and sanitisation. (See below for information on sanitisation.)
- Online appointment booking is available, with preset time slots to show availability. These bookings can be made 24/7 and are the most convenient way to get an appointment. You can also make a booking over the phone. (See the booking and cancellation policy here.)
Busy places remain a concern for people during the Covid-19 pandemic. As mentioned before, being a small business, there is never going to be an issue of a busy room full of people.
- Appointments: All appointments will be for one client at a time, no multiple bookings will be made.
- Social distancing: Clients are required to arrive to their appointment on time to avoid any clashes with previous or upcoming appointments. This helps to limit contact with people as much as possible.
- One person per appointment: It is politely requested that you attend your appointment alone.
- Child free zone: Children are not permitted on-site due to the nature of the business and equipment used.
Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of clients is being taken very seriously, therefore these extra measures to protect against Covid-19 have been put in place to ensure optimum safety for everybody.
- Sanitising station: Hand sanitiser gel is offered to each client upon entering and leaving the premises.
- Personal protective equipment: PPE, including masks and gloves, was commonplace in the industry prior to COVID-19. However, it will now be mandatory for clients to also wear face masks.
- Consistent sanitisation: The treatment room will be sanitised consistently throughout the day to make sure equipment, surfaces, and seating areas are clean.
- Sterile equipment: All equipment used for treatments is disposable and sterile, and remains sealed until ready for use.
- Toilet facilities: Sanitising between appointments on top of usual regular cleaning practices.
- Refreshments: Refreshments such as water and hot drinks will be offered in disposable cups.
Limitation of Certain Treatments
Due to the nature of the business, maintaining a safe distance will be a challenge, which is why both parties wearing PPE will be the standard to help protect against Covid-19. You are required to wear a face mask at all times during your appointment. If you forget to bring one, there will be a supply of disposable masks available, in order to be able to provide one for you.
For the time being, lip blush treatment will be put on hold. This remains the case until the numbers of Covid-19 infections fall to a level where it is deemed safer to carry out this treatment.